Is Self-Love easy or messy for Women ? #MyValentineMyWay
The world is celebrating Valentines day. As February starts , Love seems to be all around . During the week long celebrations in the name of hug day , teddy day , rose day …and what not , you can see the shops and streets flooded with roses , teddies ( tiny keyring size to baby size to huge size ) and couples exchanging gifts , sending lots of kisses to each other on whatsapp , posting pics of their special moments on the social media.
All this appears to be meaningless , stupid or dramebaazi when your own mind is disturbed , heart too .
How to celebrate the day when you have had a fight with your Valentine ?
When you have had a squabble at home and the world is getting ready for Valentines day , You start thinking on the terms like “ I would be celebrating Valentine day with myself ” …..”Why does a woman always need a man to celebrate love ?” ……”I love myself more than him , I would pamper myself lots and lots ”
Same is the case with me this time . There are no love celebrations , not even formal wishes , what to say about roses , teddies ,hugs or kisses ? Yup you guessed it right . I had a quarrel with my husband few days back . You see , a heated argument can keep the home silent for days together . Heehee ! New idiom invented .
Thinking of Valentines day and the silence at home , I was thinking about celebrating Valentines day with myself . #MyValentineMyWay My mind was sloping towards Self-Love when I got to read these lines by a famous author on the internet .
Self-Love : Your happiness and self-worth
“Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that . If you can’t love and respect yourself –no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are –completely ;the good and the bad –and make changes as YOU see fit –not because you think someone else wants you to be different “ –Stacy Charter
Yes , why should I rely on someone else for my happiness ? This was the immediate effect on my mind after reading these lines . My heart did the talking “Yes I love and respect ME and I would love myself even more on this Valentine . I will do what I want . I will pamper myself .” After all it’s all about Self-Love and Self-Love is not at all selfish .
What is Self-love actually ?
Self-love is loving yourself , doing what you want , letting Just Be yourself , lazy or active , playing or sitting idle, whether acting sweet or bitter to others . Self Love can be just resting on your favourite couch for hours and blogging , it can be sliding in your quilt and watch your favourite show on TV , It can be going movie or parlour with friend . Self-love can be dreaming high and striking your travel bucket list one by one .
But Think – Is Self-Love easy ?
Is Self-Love easy or messy , especially for a woman ?
I am a woman and I think Talking of Self-love is just so easy than a woman actually practicing it completely .
*If a wife doesn’t want to do any house chores today and wants just lazing around , in the evening when husband comes and sees a messy home , with kitchen sink full of utensils , no food cooked , towel here , socks there , clothes not ironed , what do you think what would be his reaction ? Will there be Love in the air ?
*If a working mother gets late from the office and was unable to look after her child on time , she might have to listen to many negative comments from her family , with the adjectives like a careless mother or an extraordinary dreamer mum . Is she wrong if her office is part of her self-love ?
*If a woman wishes for a divorce because of her self-respect being attacked , the society might put many kinds of fears in her mind as if she just can’t survive without a man .
O Woman , Self –Love may not be easy going for you but it is not impossible . Family , Society may pose hurdles but keep yourself ahead of all this bullshit .
Habits for a woman to achieve Self-Love :—
- Stop worrying too much of others opinions . If they have habit of getting upset , Let them be . You keep yourself cool and make it a point to smile .
- Stop seeking permission for little tasks . There is no need to come up to others expectations all the time.
- Stop blaming yourself if you made a mistake or said something hurtful to anybody. Everybody makes mistakes . Everything would be fine again with time .
- Stop looking at yourself all the time in the mirror . You are beautiful from inside. Don’t be a slave of your figure or face highlights .
- Learn to say NO whenever required. You are not here to please everybody . Let others also play their responsibilities .
- Nurture one of your hobbies regardless of how old you are. Your age lies in your mind . The other biological age calculations , let others keep doing .
- Take very very good care of your health . That is the ultra important part of Self-love . Your good health makes you powerful . Know how
8. Celebrate yourself – your inner beauty , your face beauty , your thoughts , your actions . Love yourself for whatever you do and enjoy . Be your Valentine .
9. Spend on yourself – Eat healthy , Pamper yourself with travel , dance ,movie ,spa ,shopping whatever you love .
10. Try Gratitude . Even if you happen to struggle , think about what gifts Life has blessed you with . More you feel thankful , more you will be blessed .
11.Learn to Let Go . Stop overthinking about Life . Love yourself and be in the company of people you enjoy with , the ones who boost your morale .
12. Past is gone . Don’t allow it to become heavy on your mind /soul. Be energized about your future .
“Stop lecturing” I am sure you are about to say this to me . OK OK I will stop now . You go and enjoy your Valentines day with your loved ones or just yourself . #MyValentineMyWay
I just want every woman reading this to be happy , more self-loving and step ahead in life with smile and enthusiasm. Wish you all very happy Valentines Day .
Wait wait Please don’t go . Just one thing more. As I told you that I had some squabble with my husband and we are just not talking to each other for the last few days , But Just now ,you know what happened ? yes just now , as I was writing this , he gestured to come forward to me with a warm smile , kissed on my forehead and said with a light hug “ You don’t look sweet when silent my Chidiya “
Not all days are same !
Please share with me how you celebrated your day . I would be so happy knowing about you .
This article is written as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge2019 conducted byHealthwealthbridge.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge2019 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused