My Gratitude for the little Pains and Pleasures
Life offers us a lot . Smiles & Cries , Pains & Pleasures , Calm & Crazy , Laughter & Tears , Friends & Enemies . See there is so much variety our life brings for us . This variety of situations & emotions keep the life interesting , atleast I think so . After all, a long drive even on those ultra smooth roads doesn’t bring the thrill out of the heart unless you have already experienced some bumps or traffic or speed breakers . Same is the case with our life . We can value our pleasures fully only if we have experienced pains . We can enjoy our laughter in the real sense today only if our eyes have ever flown with tears of sorrow in the past . We can feel thankful for the care, love & blessings of our dear ones only if we know how it felt when someone had hurt our feelings . So I think we should be grateful for our little pains and pleasures in the life . Yes I am calling them little , as none of them is permanent . And above all it is our attitude that considers the pain/pleasure little or bigger. So Why not adopt the best attitude – that is GRATITUDE . Gratitude has the power to lessen the pains and enhance the pleasures . Last year , in the month of November -which is also celebrated as the month of Thanksgiving , I had made up mind to cultivate the practice of Gratitude in my life . And I think writing about the Gratitude – about the little things in my life I feel grateful for , can prove to be one of the best techniques .
Here are my little pains and pleasures over the last few days which I feel grateful for:-
- After a lot of google research and some help from blogger friends , I was able to put my book Astitva on Amazon . I am thankful to the huge online help Google and my friends who supported me in my writing , reading or finally buying my book .
- My daughter performed well in the Independence day celebrations at her school .
- Today was a day well spent . A morning walk followed by shopping with mommy in the afternoon and then cherished the DIY craft moments with my daughter in the evening .
- I feel happy when I attend any religious function . I am feeling grateful as God gave me the opportunity to attend two religious satsangs over the last two weeks .
- Had an argument with my husband few days back on a tiny issue but I felt so touched when he himself tried to normalize the situation and showed me his love by making evening tea and offering me with a smile .
- I got a new refrigerator and donated the old one .
- It is painful to see the news about flood affected Kerala , hundreds of deaths and lakhs of families taking shelter at the relief camps . Essential services have been hit and they need our help . Sitting so far , what can we do ? But if we really want , we Can do ! You can google for Kerala CM Distress Relief Fund and look for various ways to donate . Hamari choti si contribution se kya hoga ? Please don’t think this way . Every contribution counts ,even as little as just one rupee . So please go ahead and find a way to help Kerala . You can help via Amazon, Paytm , Goonj or direct transfer to the CM relief fund .
- It was a sad news of the demise of our ex Prime Minister Sh Atal Bihari Vajpayee . But That is what life is . Everyone has to finally embrace the supreme power.
- I feel grateful as Nowadays I am reading autobiography of a spiritual leader . Hope I don’t leave it in between .
- I feel grateful for this world of blogging – a platform where I can pen down my emotions and try to reach many hearts .
Let us always try to be grateful – grateful for the pains and pleasures in our lives. Happiness is right in front of us if we pay attention and practice Gratitude . And it is said that the more you express gratitude for what you have , the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for .
Be Grateful ! Be Happy !