A letter to my Daughter on International Women’s Day 2018 #10Tips
Before I proceed to write something to my dear daughter , I feel grateful as this is my 101st post . I am sharing my heart on my blog since April 2017 . Today when I look back at those months , I feel grateful that I made the decision to start blogging . Many virtual friends came and helped me , motivated me . Ranging from small stories to photo fictions and few blogger challenges , the journey is continuing and every step is helping me learn something or the other . Thank you my dear friends and readers ! Without your support , I wouldn’t have come so far . Keep encouraging me in future too !
As International Women’s day is approaching on 8th March , I want to write a letter to my dear daughter , who will soon enter womanhood .
Hi My dear daughter Suhani ,
1. You have turned 11 years old and now time will fly quickly to make you enter womanhood . No matter how old you turn , you will remain the same cute little kid in your mumma’s eyes . You can come to me anytime with any problem you face in your life . I will always be there for you, eager to hold you in my arms .
2. Be good in your studies . Understand the concepts and enjoy your learning . Don’t be stressed in today’s competitive society . Even 80% marks are good enough . Just do your best and then don’t worry about the result . Don’t be disheartened if your friend gets admission in a good institute and you are not able to . Your best efforts would definitely yield good results , if not here then somewhere else for sure .
3. You will soon enter the puberty stage . Remember , Mumma told you about menstrual cycle , the changes in our body as we grow up . Don’t feel shameful or shy for this . Its a natural process Ok . And just don’t bother to listen to people that you can’t worship God in these days , this and that . Don’t be after these unscientific talks . Enjoy the dignity of womanhood .
4. Be bold . Learn to be strong . Never fear . In today’s world , you will have to face many situations where they attack you emotionally or even physically . Don’t cry at little things . Dare to answer them back strongly and boldly . Don’t let them consider you as an emotional fool . One important thing –Learn to say NO . This is much needed in today’s times . Your dad lacks this quality but you must inculcate it .
5. Love your family but not keeping yourself at stake . Love your husband , love your kids , take their full responsibility but just don’t allow your health and interests to step back . You yourself have to be incharge of your health and happiness . Cook your favourite food , enjoy gossip and outings with your friends , laugh heartily with your spouse and never forget to prioritize yourself when you face any health problem.
6. My dear daughter , Keep pursuing one of your interests all your life . At this stage you love craft, you love DIY, you love dance …Keep atleast one of these always a part of your life . That would help maintain smile in your life and satisfaction in your heart .
7. Don’t forget to pray daily . The supreme power is watching us all the time and blessing us . In midst of life’s busy schedule , don’t forget him . Even if you are not able to devote few minutes specifically for praying , just recite his name in your mind while travelling or anywhere else. Those positive vibrations will always boost your morale .
8. Be grateful for whatever you have . Not that you don’t be progressive . Work hard , achieve all you want , be strong financially , enjoy the thrill of a big car, but be grateful too for all God has blessed you with . Don’t forget the gifts of life that we take granted . You have good health , calm mind and a small happy family. Enjoy the little happy moments in the life . That’s what life actually is . And when you feel grateful , life gives you back many happy moments that too magnified .
9. My dear daughter , You are a single child . No real brothers or sisters . Don’t feel alone at any time . Your Mumma Papa are , and will always be your best friends . Make few other really good friends and believe me , they will prove to be more helpful than the blood bonds.
10. Life itself will teach you many things my dear daughter . Here’s mumma’s favourite quote which will help you too at many times : The best way to overcome fear is to face it . Keep these words with you and be strong .
Live your life to the fullest and remember you are a treasure to your Mumma Papa . Love you lots . A biiiiiggg huggg…….muaaaaah !!
Linking it with #MMM