The month of September 2017 went crazy with #Myfriendalexa. Blogchatter gave my blog a new friend #Myfriendalexa which further gifted me many new friends. Waiting eagerly for the reading list every week was fun and it was more fun to read all the blogs out of the list . Lots of engagements as a blogger, lot of reading, writing and learning.
Actually, a month ago , I never knew what Alexa rank meant. Why one talks of it ? Why one wants it to lower down ? How does it make a difference to my blog ?
When I came to know of #Myfriendalexa campaign to be hosted by the blogging community Blogchatter , I came to know a little about Alexa. Actually Alexa is a ranking system of sites done by Alexa.com . This belongs to the company Amazon. The rank is calculated based on how many people visit your site . If the audience comes from someone who already has a good Alexa rank, better it is for your site.
As on date , I don’t know the minute details about Alexa ranking and how does it affect my site, but Yes , having participated in #Myfriendalexa in the month of Sep 2017 certainly improved my Alexa rank and gave me lot many visitors and the comments which kept me motivated the whole month .
On the first day of #Myfriendalexa ( i.e. on Sep 1, 2017)
Global rank of my site : 3029351( Approx 30 lakh)
Indian rank of my site : 148473 ( Approx 1.5 lakh)
On the last day of #Myfriendalexa (i.e. on Sep 30,2017)
Global rank of my site : 1198366 ( Approx 12 lakh)
Indian rank of my site : 50296( Approx 50 thousand)
So I see a big change in my Alexa in this one month of participation in #Myfriendalexa. The global rank decreased by approx 18 lakh and Indian rank decreased by approx 1 lakh. I don’t know whether I would be able to maintain this rank or not, but I would definitely try to.
What I loved and learnt during #Myfriendalexa camapign:–
1. Learnt about having a discipline in blogging.
2. Patience is one of the keys to success.
3. The more you read , the better you are able to write .
4. Give love , receive double the love back .
5. Making effective use of time .
e.g. while travelling in a cab or waiting in the bank , I could read one or two friends’ posts rather than just wasting my time replying to gudmornings on whatsapp.
6. Made some close friends while blogging for Navratri festival as a blogtrain #bloggarba
Thanks to Minakshi (@mommystimeline) for making me part of #bloggarba
7. There is a huge ocean of blogging to be explored.
8. Many blogger friends inspired me to keep writing in Hindi.
Special thanks to Anagha (@ mocktailmommies ) , Dipika (@gleefulblogger) and Mansi(@anoshoflife)
9. Fictionwriting has slowly become my love .
Thanks to Mayuri , Tina, Shwetabh, Gaurav for inspiring me to write fiction more and more.
10. Many blogs have encouraged me to start practicing Gratitude in my daily life . I will soon be starting to write posts on it. A blogger from my city Upasna(@lifebioscope) gets this credit.
11. I got to learn a little about designing at Canva , Thanks to my blogger friends Geethica (@thoughtsbygeet), Deepa(@Kreativemommy )and Dr Amrita (@healthwealthbridge)
12. My vocabulary enhanced . read about it here
13. I felt fresh every time I pressed publish button on my blog.
14. The number of my social media friends increased .
15. Even when at few times , I felt exhausted , writing refreshed me.
16. Learnt a quote which I just loved . I want to share it here too.
“Humans are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until they get into hot water “
It meant you never know how much mental strength and perseverance a person really has until problems or troubles arise in her/his life .
Today marks the last day of #Myfriendalexa Season Two. I have quoted only few names of my blogger friends but I am thankful to all those with whom I could complete this journey. They not just helped improve my Alexa but also have become part of my blogging life. Thanks to all the friends and specially to Blogchatter #Myfriendalexa
Three Cheers for #Myfriendalexa!!!!
Hip Hip Hurray !!!
I am taking my Alexa rank to next level with #Myfriendalexa