Emptiness #fictionwriting #fridayfotofiction

#Fridayfotofiction is a weekly bloghop which celebrates fiction writing based on the photo prompt.

#fridayfotofiction

Rohan was a smart and intelligent engineering student , always enthusiastic, having many dreams and aspirations . He  loved himself  the most  and  had a passion of   always capturing his  life’s smiles  in the camera.

Life took a twist and he started loving someone else more than himself.  His heart started   singing  sentimental fairy tales for her but life didn’t want it to be duet song.  The intense one-sided  love outweighed his life’s aspirations and emptiness started engulfing his heart all the time .

Feeling battered and shattered , the emptiness weighed so much that he just didn’t want to face the  cruel camera of life. He planned to find a better place than this emptiness.

linking this post with Mayuri and Tina

I am taking my Alexa rank to next level with #Myfriendalexa

There’s a heart warming  song “Emptiness”  , also known as ” Tune mere Jaana “,  sung by Gajendra Verma . The song  got associated with the story of a IIT student Rohan Rathore . This guy Rohan loved a girl who didn’t reciprocate his feelings. He died  few days later .  The lyrics of the song are really touching.  (Infomation source: Wikipedia)

Here is the song for you to listen

Monika

Hi, I am Monika, an educationist for the last 17 years and a mom to a daughter for the last 11 years . Give me a hot cup of masala tea with some snacks plus a laptop and I am happy ! My Blog is a mixed bag of my observations ,learnings and experiences . To me , life is love, life is helping & learning from each other. Life is not that complex -We just have to stop overthinking .

You may also like...

20 Responses

1. Monika… musical melodrama, woven so gently that I could feel the notes touching my heart!
    Interesting plot!
    – Anagha From Team MocktailMommies

2. A nicely written post, Monika. You brought out the emotions well.

3. Prisha Lalwani says:

what a simple yet powerful story!! Lovely piece of fiction!!

4. I hope Rohan did not take any drastic step.
    Your stories are so intriguing , Monika.
    Thank you for writing for #FridayFotoFiction.

5. Iram says:

I am impressed by your creativity. You have connected this photo prompt so well with the character and the way you have expressed the story. Great !

6. ak says:

That is when he started writings painting. Because a smart person like Rohan won’t just sit around and hope for things to fall into place, he will make them happen and if he fails, he learns from them and makes himself better and takes better decisions.

Well written. ☺️

7. Ishieta says:

I love this song.. its haunting when you in ‘that’ kind of a mood.
    I completely get about one sided dreams and aspirations… I hope that there was some light to the dark tunnel of his existence!

8. Tina Basu says:

Very intriguing Monika. Every time I’m on your blog I have a smile for the blog’s name! What are we without the chatpata things in life! Thanks for linking up with #FridayFotoFiction.

9. Dipika says:

Another strong tale from your blog Monika…. I so wanted to know what next from you..

10. Pratibha says:

I hope you know that the IIT story was a rumor but yes , the song is my favorite too.

Interesting take on the prompt.

11. This song sounds very touching and emotional. Nice and touchy story

12. I am quite intrigued to know where he found his emptiness. I believe that it’s generally quite sad if people take their own lives when they don’t find the love they are so looking for. What about their numerous friends and loved ones who care for them. I personally feel its a cowardly move.

Nonetheless your story is so life like. Nicely done :).

13. Modern Gypsy says:

Such a simple yet powerful story of unrequited love! And I like how you wove it in with some musical inspiration.

14. Kavita Singh says:

This is such an emotional and beautifully written posts. I remember the lyrics of this Tune mere Jana song so well… 🙂